“The words of the Lord are pure words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times. You shall keep them, O Lord, You shall preserve them from this generation forever. The wicked prowl on every side, when vileness is exalted among the sons of men.” (Psalm 12:6-8, NKJV)
The thought of unearthing a buried treasure has been acted on by the young growing up and by the grown who still pursue the dream!
Occasionally we will read of some young one who actually stumbles on to some sort of buried treasure … whether it is a relic of the past or even something of greater value.
Our interests are piqued when we hear of some archaeologist … maybe even a modern-day Indiana Jones who through much research … some luck … discover something of great worth or even historical value.
But generally speaking … the young come up empty-handed! And so do so many of the grownup classification … and in both cases … disappointment!
Found within the pages of God’s revealed will … His Book … are numerous references to the discovery of real gems and precious stones embedded within its pages!
And just like those looking for treasures … you and I can discover the lasting gems and precious stones of truth that come from God.
But God indicates in this same Book that it is to be our purpose in life to both open it and then find the courage to apply it.
There are no words that have been quoted … penned … or in other way communicated that can be relied on completely. We are living in a time when truth has become relative and as the nation of Israel ended up doing after the death of Joshua, “… every man did that which was right in his own eyes.”(Judges 21:25)
Our God … my God … is not only unchanging … He has not and will not supplement His revealed will with additions or subtractions!
As created beings we are the same in so many ways and different in others … but we all possess a soul that will ultimately reside for eternity in either Heaven or Hell!
So allow me to say that when the fears in this life make their unwanted presence known … when the sense of personal guilt overwhelms like a tidal wave … remember the place of discovering, reading, studying, and applying the precious truths of God (2 Timothy 2:15).
And then you will be able to recall these thoughts … “But God says …”
- “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.” (Isaiah 43:, NKJV)
- “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10, NKJV)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6, NKJV)
- “There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1, NKJV)
- “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9, NKJV)
Satan does not get the last word … the world doesn’t get the last word … the circumstances of life don’t get the last word! There will always be a “But God says …”
“… if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of the Lord; And find the knowledge of God.” (Proverbs 2:1-5, NKJV)
There is no greater treasure to be found!
Bill Fairchild, Jr.
P.S. So … how’s that regular Bible Study going?