“This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24).
Surely, we all realize the value of the day called “today!” It is the moment we are living in right now. It is not yesterday, last week, last month or even last year. It is not tomorrow, next week, or even next year!
The Latin term “carpe diem” means ‘to seize the day!’ Seizing the day or the moment, the Bible calls it “buying up the opportunities or redeeming the time” (Ephesians 5:16). There are a number of things that we can DECIDE to do today if we will be resolved to see them accomplished in and through our own lives. Please consider the following suggestions … pick out one or two or even most, if not all of them … and make it happen:
- Today, I want to read something worth sharing!
- Today, I want to say something worth repeating!
- Today, I want to give something worth getting!
- Today, I want to choose something worth keeping!
- Today, I want to sacrifice something worth giving up!
- Today, I want to hug someone worth holding!
- Today, I want to cry tears worth shedding!
- Today, I want to do something worth watching!
- Today, I want to listen to something worth hearing!
- Today, I want teach something worth learning!
- Today, I want be someone worth knowing!
Today, I choose to put the Lord … His precious word … his wonderful people in first place! Will you make the same pledge?
“The simple believes every word; But the prudent considers well his steps (Proverbs 24:15).
Bill Fairchild, Jr.