“But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:3)
There is a war that is being waged right now! This war involves the forces of good and evil, of right and wrong … and it is a very costly war in terms of loss! The souls of men and women, young and old hang in the balance … and yes that includes your soul and mine!
The movie The Lion King released in 1994 and also went on to become the most successful Broadway show is about to come alive on the screen with the latest technological advancements utilized to produce an inspiring and moving movie! For the record, I am truly looking forward to its debut.
The storyline is about rule … rule over the Pride. The conflict is between two brothers! One is the king and the other brother wants and will do everything he can to become the king.
Back to reality, our lives are not movies. Our adversary which the apostle Peter describes in vivid imagery is “… like a roaring lion, walking about seeking whom he may devour. “ (1 Peter 5:8) The devil will never give up stalking all of us who are his prey and even as the apostle declares, he is always striving persistently to paralyze us with fear at the sound of his loud roar.
It is not, my friends, in the devil’s character to ever give up on seducing, conquering and capturing our souls and once he has them he is not interested in relinquishing his power! Make no mistake, leaving your soul and mine in eternal hell is his mission!
Having had the privilege of visiting a big cat rescue facility several years ago, as we were walking around looking and watching the various animals including the male lion being cared for that I experienced first-hand the loud, resonate and very intimidating sound of the lion when he roared declaring his kingship of the grounds!
Like the character Scar, Satan is always looking, listening, watching, planning and scheming in his efforts to become the ruler over our hearts, minds and very lives! Are you giving some serious thought to these words? I pray that you are! To be forewarned is to be forearmed!
Consider with me just a couple of hard questions:
- Can you admit the presence of the devil in this world?
- Can you admit the presence of the devil in your own life?
- Do you remember the last time you faced a very tempting temptation? It was both appealing and strong. It may have been something you wanted to do … or maybe something you wanted to have for yourself. Do you remember?
- Did you walk away from the temptation when it presented itself?
- Did you have a discussion, perhaps even a debate with yourself, in an effort to somehow justify or rationalize doing, obtaining the prize?
- Did you try and figure out whether or not you might get caught if you gave in to the temptation?
- Did you give in to the temptation? Was it followed by a sense of guilt or did you attempt to gloss over it?
Satan is real … his efforts are endless and effective … his motives are evil … Satan is evil … and he wants to rule your soul!
Keep your eyes, heart and mind focused on the Lord! Allow Him to be your strength, your comfort, your Guide, your helper, your Savior and your Friend! Allow the real, the one and only King of kings to be your King!
“Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)
Bill Fairchild, Jr.